Paperless Office Software: Make Paperless Make Sense
Organizations all over the world have come to realize the fact that paper will always cost them money. Between paper, ink, and other consumables, organizations have always felt that it was an expense that could never be trimmed.
Consumable costs are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the cost and expenses of using traditional filing systems.
Productivity savers are where organizations such as yours will benefit. There are three tasks all office staff perform, and they are:
- Creation of information
- Distribution of information
- Retrieval of information
Statistics show that documents that are created by someone are actually printed an average of 19 times in the document’s lifecycle. The creation of information is mandatory in all organizations and the type of documents created range from all types of formats and information.
Distribution of information can be extremely tedious and when distributed incorrectly can cause many problems. Misplaced and lost information accounts for many lost hours and the distribution of incorrect information. Some of the statistics shown here are based on the distribution of information.
The average organization:
- Makes 19 copies of each document
- Spends $20 in labor filing each document
- Spends $120 in labor searching for misfiled document
- Loses 1 out of every 20 documents
- Spends 25 hrs reproducing each lost document
- Spends up to $25k to fill and maintain a 4 drawer file cabinet